Лекция: Article 16. Protection of information
§ Protection of information shall represent making of legal, organizational and technical measures directed to:
1) protection of information against illegal access, elimination, modification, blocking, copying, supply, distribution and other illegitimate actions with reference thereto;
2) confidentiality of information of restricted access;
3) implementation of the right to access to information.
§ State regulation of the relations in the sphere of information protection shall be carried out by establishing the requirements on information protection and responsibility for breach of the legislation of the Russian Federation on information, information technologies and information protection.
§ Requirements to protection of generally accessible information may be established only to achieve the goals specified in clauses 1 and 3 of the present article.
§ In the cases provided by the legislation of the Russian Federation the possessor of information, operator of an information system should ensure:
1) prevention of unsanctioned access to information and (or) transfer thereof to the persons that do not have access thereto;
2) prompt revelation of facts of unsanctioned access to information;
3) prevention of a possibility of unfavourable consequences of infringement of the procedure of access to information;
4) prevention of influence on technical means of information processing resulting in functioning disorders;
5) a possibility of prompt restoration of information modified or eliminated as a result of unsanctioned access thereto;
6) permanent control over information protection.
§ The requirements to protection of the information included in state information systems shall be established by the federal executive authority for security and the federal executive authority for counteraction to technical intelligence services and technical protection of information within their competence. In the case of creation and operation of state information systems the methods and ways of information protection should correspond to the above-mentioned requirements.
§ Federal acts may set restrictions on usage of certain means of information protection and performance of certain types of activities in the sphere of information protection.