Реферат: My Trip To The Dominican Republic Essay

My Trip To The Dominican Republic Essay, Research Paper

My trip to the Dominica n Republic

I was to leave to the Dominican Republic at 10p.m. on a Thursday night. My flight was with Tower Air and it was leaving John F. Kennedy airport. I had to be there three hours before departure and I was I was there at 7p.m. It felt like they longest wait of my life. At 9:30p.m,they announced that we would not be leaving on time because the plane had technical difficulties. Our flight would now leave at 12p.m. I couldn?t believe this was happening to me. It was a nightmare. They had already changed my flight like five times before. I was leaving one day, then I was leaving the next and so on. Then they wait for the last minute and the food shop had closed, so there is about a good 200 or so people without food and all upset cursing up a storm. To top it all off, half of the people there were teenagers going to the Dominican Republic to play baseball. Can you imagine? A hundred something kids hungry and sleepy screaming their lungs out.

However, the nightmare wasn?t over. They got us on the plane at about 2a.m because the plane wasn?t ready. I couldn?t get on the plane because I kept buzzing when I passed the medal detectors, so that took another 20 minutes. Then we are on the plane and the plane isn?t moving, and we are waiting and waiting and no explanation. After a while the plane begins to move. It when around the run way and then they tell us we must get of the plane. It needed more service repairs. At this point I?m like give me my money back, and in return they call the cops because we were making to much noise. They fix the problem around 5:30a.m and we are off again. Keep in mind we haven?t eaten and no food was given. I didn?t even get water. I thought this was a sign of god and my time had come for me to die, but I made it there in one piece.

At our arrival the planes door wouldn?t open and they said we might have to return to New York. I couldn?t believe this. I was ready to jump out a window. Finally we are let out of the plane and I had to wait like three hours for my grandfather to come pick me up. I knew this would be the trip from hell and that it was. Two days there and I was so sick. I couldn?t eat, or sleep. The bugs had a party with me and I turned out to be allergic to mosquito bites. I wasn?t able to go anywhere. Then the last day there I decide to go to the beach and I swam in some infected area and caught some allergy all over my body, which took three weeks to heal. I can still feel the pain from the little ugly bumps I had on my body.

Though I wish it ended there it doesn?t. I was to return Sunday afternoon, but my flight had been changed to 1a.m. Of course I was there three hours early just to find out that I wasn?t leaving to 6a.m. I was in for another long wait in a dark cold room. It felt like an eternity. We finally left at 8a.m. But this wouldn?t be the end. The flight attendants were all white and never once asked any of us black people if we wanted food or water. I had to get into a fight with one of the ladies, so she could supply my sick mother and brother some food. We arrived in New York at around 1 o?clock. The only good thing was going through immigration. My family and I are Americans and we just went right through. For the first time I was glad to be an American.

To sum everything up I will not be traveling anytime soon. I need a couple of years to recover from that nightmare. I will never travel Tower Air again. Nevertheless, I am glad that I went, because it wasn?t the best trip in the world but I got to say good-bye to my grandfather and so did my mother. Now he can rest in peace. So when you look at it from another view the trip wasn?t that bad.

еще рефераты
Еще работы по на английском языке