Лекция: Вставьте пропущенные слова в предложения.
1. Firmly established
2. Judge- made
4. Legislation and judicial precedent
7. Case law
8. Breaking the law
9. Passed a law
- In English law the law comes from two main sources, ______ (Acts of Parliament) and _________ (the decisions of judges), and from subsidiary sources such as custom and books of authority.
- If a person is accused of _____, it is essential that all interested parties know the source of the law.
- Parliament _____ in l968 (the Theft Act) which makes it a crime for a person to «dishonestly appropriate property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.”
- There is a maxim in law „that _____of the law is no excuse,“ which means that everyone is presumed to know the law.
- Judicial precedent, or _____ as it is often called, is the source of a large part of common law and equity.
- The law is ______ in that when a judge makes a decision in a court case on a particular aspect of law, other judges may be bound to follow this decision in subsequent cases.
- . Once the law has been established, the example or the precedent is _____on other judges, who must make a similar decision in cases concerning this aspect of law.
- The doctrine of judicial precedent became _____ by the late nineteenth century, although a system of precedent existed for hundreds of years before that.
- The court is bound by _____ from the House of Lords and, although it has been suggested in court that the position should be otherwise, the court is bound by its own previous decisions.
- When there are two previous conflicting decisions, the court may choose which decision is correct and _____the other decision.
Еще работы по иностранным языкам