Лекция: Используйте неисчисляемые существительные по смыслу.
advice, baggage, furniture, information, news, spaghetti, travel, work
1. Can you give me some … about the school?
2. “Have you got much … ?” “No, just one small bag.”
3. I live 51 kilometres from my work, so I spend a lot of money on … .
4. I’ve stopped reading the papers. The … is always bad.
5. This … isn’t very good. You cooked it for too long.
6. All this … is from my mother’s house.
7. I’ve got too much … and not enough free time.
8. I don’t know what to do. Can you give me some … ?
6. Поставьте следующие существительные во множественное число, где возможно.
Toe, baby, hero, chief, Negro, belief, brush, foot, eye, ox, fox, German, woman, wolf, mouth, mouse, child, goose, deer, information, cheese, ship, sheep, phenomenon, datum, advice, hair, wife, hippo, tooth, tomato, work, knowledge, life, star, safe, money, water, radio, piano, meat, job, software, cliff, room-mate, fellow-worker, man-of-war, boy-messenger, passer-by, sister-in-law, tape-recorder, tea-pot, waitress, sportsman, thief, turkey, bench.
7. Образуйте единственное число от следующих существительных.
Children, women, lorries, bodies, men, brushes, knives, keys, ministries, flies, matches, universities, babies, watches, lives, ways, ladies, shelves, copies, libraries, wolves, tomatoes, potatoes, bushes, ties, teeth, geese, mice, stories, wives, feet.
8. Измените число выделенного существительного, где возможно и выполните необходимые изменения.
1. The boy drove many sheep in the direction of the village.
2. During the festival I made friends with many foreign delegates. Among them were aSwiss, aNegro, a German, aFrenchman and others.
3. I was presented with adozen handkerchiefs.
4. The boy must have twoteeth pulled out.
5. She gave a dog afish.
6. Her hairwas soft and curly.