Лекция: Regular Verbs
1. Прочитайте вслух, обращая внимание на произношение:
[t] d] [id]
Work – worked live – lived last — lasted
Ask – asked aim – aimed need — needed
Wish – wished enter – entered attend — attended
Thank – thanked realize – realized complete — completed
Pack – packed cry – cried want – wanted
2. Прочитайте и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. She studied English a year ago.
2. He finished his design last night.
3. We watched a football match yesterday.
4. I skied in the country two days ago.
5. My sister entered the Krasnoyarsk State University last year.
6. She stayed with us for the week-end.
7. He attended all lessons last term.
8. It rained heavily in the morning.
9. He received the invitation from the Yale University last month.
10. She asked a lot of questions during the lecture.
3. Задайте вопросы к подлежащему:
1. The boy waited for his friend very long.
2. A carstopped near our house.
3. The mother washed and dressed the baby.
4. We walked in the wood all day.
5. The weather changed very often.
6. The teacherasked us many questions.
7. Our lessons finished at 12 o’clock.
8. I looked at the blackboard.
9. The door opened suddenly.
10. Jack closed the window quickly.
11. A heavy rain started suddenly.
12. She closed the window at once.
4. Поставьте выделенные глаголы в Past Simple Tense:
1. Nick wants to learn French.
2. I study English history at school.
3. My friends live in a small town.
4. The teacher asks questions about the text.
5. The pupils answer all the questions.
6. We often walk to the river in summer.
7. Nick looks at me angrily.
8. My sister often helps me with my homework.
9. His friend calls him on the phone every day.
10. My father likes pop-music.
11. Suddenly a big dog enters the room.
12. Who shows you these films?
5. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Simple Tense; перескажите сказку Red Riding Hood:
A little girl, whom everybody (to call) Red Riding Hood, (to live) with her mother near a big wood. One day her mother (to ask) the girl to go to her Granny, who (to live) alone in a little house in the wood. Red Riding Hood (to love) her Granny very much, and she (to agree) to go. In the wood she (to start) to pick flowers, but suddenly a Bad Wolf (to stop) her. He (to ask) the girl very politely, “Where are you going, Red Riding Hood?” She (to answer) him politely, too, “I am going to my Granny”. Then the Wolf (to ask) her where her Granny (to live), and he (to explain) that he (to want) to visit her Granny, too. Red Riding Hood (to show) him where Granny (to live), and (to walk) on. The Wolf (to reach) the house first, and (to knock) at the door. Granny (to ask), “Who is it?”, and the Wolf (to answer), “It is your granddaughter, Red Riding Hood. May I come in?” Granny (to reply), “Open the door and come in. I am ill and cannot get up”. And the Wolf (to open) the door and (to enter) the house.
(to be continued)
6. Ответьте на вопросы:
1. Where did the little girl live?
2. Did she live alone or with her mother?
3. What did everybody call the girl?
4. What did her mother ask the girl to do?
5. Did the girl agree to go or not?
6. Who stopped her in the wood?
7. Did the Wolf talk to her politely or not?
8. Did she answer his question or not?
9. Did Red Riding Hood show him Granny’s house or not?
10. What did the Bad Wolf want to do?
7. Сделайте предложения отрицательными и задайте к ним общие вопросы:
1. The children listened to their mother very attentively.
2. John washed his face.
3. The girl dressed quickly.
4. They waited for Mary very long.
5. You used this word correctly.
6. John remembered the man’s name.
7. The postman knocked at the door.
8. The door opened at once.
9. They looked at me angrily.
10. The children returned home on the next day.
11. The rain stopped very soon.
12. The policeman showed them the way home.
13. Our lessons ended at 12 o’clock.
8. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Simple; задайте вопросы к выделенным словам; перескажите историю:
When Cinderella’s mother (to die), her life (to change). Her father (to marry) anotherwoman, who (to be) very unkind to the girl. Cinderella (to work) in the house like a servant: she (to wash), and (to clean), and (to cook) for all the family. Her step-sisters (not to like) Cinderella. She (to work) all the day, and they (to look) at themselves in the mirror and (to talk) about their dresses. In the evenings Cinderella (to like) to sit near the fire-place, on the bag for cinders, and her step-sisters (to call) her ‘Cinderella’. One day the Prince (to invite) them to a ball. Cinderella (to want) to go there too, but the step-mother (not to let) her go. When she (to stay) at home alone, she (to start) crying, but suddenly a Fairy (to appear) before her. The Fairy (to turn) a pumpkin into a coach, and a rat into a coachman, and she (to turn) two white mice into white horses. Cinderella also (to receive) from the Fairy a beautiful dress and a pair of glass-slippers. Then she (to start) off for the ball.
9. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Past Simple; задайте вопросы к выделенным словам; перескажите историю:
When we (to finish) our dinner, we (to want) to have some apple-juice. Harris(to open) our bag, and we (to look) at the tin of juice and (to smile) at each other. We all (to like) apple-juice. George (to ask), ‘But where is the tin-opener?’ We (to start) to look for the tin-opener, and could not find it. Then Harris(to open) his pocket-knife, and (to try) to open the tin with the knife. But the knife suddenly (to close) on his finger, and Harris (to cry) out with pain. We (to dress) his finger with ahandkerchief, and (to start) to look for a better instrument. George (to decide) to make a hole in the tin with a stone. He (to start) working witha sharp stone, and I (to decide) to help him with a big stone. I (to ask) George to put his small stone on the tin, and I (to knock) on it with my big stone. It so (to happen) that my stone (to knock) on George’s hand. We (to stop) the work and (to dress) George’s fingers with anotherhandkerchief. Now I(to continue) working alone. I (to decide) to throw the tin on the sharp stones on the bank. The tin (to jump) up and (to disappear) in the water. After that we (to stop) trying: we (to want) no apple-juice now. We only (to want) to have some rest.