Лекция: РАЗДЕЛ 7
Applying Your Knowledge
1. Передайте данную информацию, используя прямую речь:
1. Yesterday spokesman informed the public about the company’s plans to expand to Asia.
2. Mr. Brooks believes they will earn big profit the following year.
3. Reporter doubts whether the star was sober.
4. This team was supposed to inform the public of what is happing during the trial.
5. A retired American general claimed that Dutch soldiers failed to prevent the Srebrenica massacre in 1995 in part because the presence of gay troops in the Dutch military.
6. Lisa Singleton, an Energy Future spokeswoman, said in a telephone interview that they were taking advantage of the current markets.
7. The Head of the Board insisted on Vice-President’s resigning.
8. They had to reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society was guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
9. Majority of Americans thought it was time to restore the American precept that each individual was accountable for his actions.
10. Society and housewives in particular were enraged about new law passed a week before.
2. Прочитайте статью и сформулируйте ее основную идею на английском языке:
Work911.com Business, Management and Personal Development Resource Center
Reprintable Articles by Robert Bacal