Реферат: Английский, домашнее чтение, 2 часть. Билеты
Theme35. «The Dead» — J. Joyce
1) In «The Dead» allthe themes of the «Dubliners» are mentioned. Name them.
2) How did Dublin's portraitin «The Dead» differ from the description of the city in the otherstories?
3) Give the characteristics ofthe main heroes of the story and describe their relationship.
THEME2. «Dick Whittington's Cat»
1) Was Dick Whittington a realperson?
2) Is the story of Dick's cata fact or a legend?
3) How did Dick become theMayor of London?
Theme8. «The Erymanthian Boar» — A. Christie
1) How did Poirot come to knowthat Marrascaud was hiding in Switzerland?
2) How can one tell thedifference between a detective and a murderer, in Poirot's opinion?
3) Why did Schwartz tellPoirot that the laugh was with him?
Theme4. «Robin Hood Meets Little John»
1) Where and how did RobinHood meet Little John?
2) Give a detailed descriptionof Little John.
3) Why did Robin Hood decideto change the name of the stranger?
Theme31. The Catcher in the Rye" — J. D. Salinger
1) How did Holden and JaneGallagher meet?
2) ho did Holden meet inErnie's? Why does this person know Holden?
3) What religion did Holdenbelong to? What did he think about the Bible, Christ, his Disciples?
Theme32. «Eveline» — J. Joyce
1) By what means did Joycemake the psychological portrait of Eveline?
2) What were Eveline'sintentions regarding her future?
3) Why did Eveline have noforce to leave Dublin?
Theme18. «Macbeth» — W. Shakespeare
1) Why does Macbeth seekanother meeting with the witches?
2) What is the prophecy of thethird apparition?
3) What does Macbeth insist on learning after he hasseen the three apparitions? Why?
Билет № 8
Theme13. «The Pendulum» — O. Henry
1) What do you know about theinhabitants of the Frogmore Flats?
2) Can you describe John's andKaty's way of life?
3) What happened when Katyreturned home? Did John love his wife at all?
Theme30. «The Catcher in the Rye» — J. D. Salinger
1) What is your impression ofHolden?
2) Why do you think Holdencontinuously repeats several phrases all the time?
3) Describe Phoebe's andHolden's relations.
Theme9. «The Cretan Bull» — A. Christie
1) Did Admiral Chandlerapprove of his son's engagement?
2) How can you characteriseDiana's behaviour?
3) What do you think happenedto the heroes of the story after the truth had been found out?
Theme16. «Macbeth» — W. Shakespeare
1) Why couldn't Lady Macbethkill sleeping Duncan?
2) Was the murder of Duncandiscovered that very morning?
3) Were some of the characterssuspicious of Macbeth and his wife?
Theme28. «As You Like It» – W. Shakespeare
1) Who ordered Rosalind toleave the Court?
2) Did Celia try to defend hercousin against her father?
3) What did Celia propose todo to make them unattractive while travelling?
Theme22. «Gulliver's Travels» — J. Swift
1) What were the specialfeatures of Yahoos in Houyhnhnmland?
2) What were the great virtuesof houyhnhnms?
3) Why was Gulliver pressed toleave Houyhnhnmland?
Theme5. «Sir Theodore and the Dragon»
1) What did the Grand Mastertell Theodore when he first decided to fight the dragon?
2) Why did Theodore decide thathe would be able to kill the dragon?
3) Why was the Grand Mastergoing to send Theodore to the dungeons?
Theme21. «Gulliver's Travels» — J. Swift
1) What reception did Gullivermeet in the country of Brobdingnag?
2) Who was Gulliver's bitterenemy and why?
3) How did Gulliver manage toleave the country of Brobdingnag?
Theme15. «Macbeth» — W. Shakespeare
1) What are the witches'prophecies for Macbeth?
2) How does it happen that thefirst of the witches' prophecies is immediately fulfilled?
3) Why does Macbeth decide infavour of the assassination ?
Theme14. «A Service of Love» — O. Henry
1) What was John Larrabee andwhere was he from?
2) What sort of life did Johnand Delia lead after they got married?
3) How can you explain thetitle(name) of the story?
Theme20. «Gulliver's Travels» — J. Swift
1) How did it happen thatGulliver found himself on the island of Lilliput?
2) Did lilliputs give him ahearty welcome upon his arrival?
3) What were the conditionsupon which Gulliver was set free?
Theme19. «Pygmalion» — B. Shaw
1) Describe the first meetingof the main characters.
2) Why did Professor Higginsdecide to take Liza on as a pupil?
3) How does the whole storyend?
Theme29. «The Catcher in the Rye» — J. D. Salinger
1) Why do you think Stradlaterwas so repulsive?
2) Describe Jane's looks andher ways.
3) Why did Holden want to callPhoebe, but in the end decided not to do it?
Theme33. «After the Race» — J. Joyce
1) How did Joyce showpermanent anxiety of Doyles about the problem of money?
2) By what means did Joycesharpen the contrast between Ireland and Europe?
3) Give the description of the«fourth member of the party»?
Theme17. «Macbeth» — W. Shakespeare
1) Which of the witches'prophesies worries Macbeth at the beginning of the III Act?
2) Why is it essential, by thelogic of the plot, that Fleance should escape?
3) Compare Macbeth's and LadyMacbeth's characters.
Билет № 23
THEME1. «King Midas»
1) Describe the circumstancesunder which King Midas befriended an old man named Silenus.
2) Why did Bacchus decide toreward King Midas?
3) Why didn't Midas jump forjoy after he had received the golden touch?
Theme3. «David and Goliath»
1) What was David'soccupation?
2) What was the reaction ofKing Saul's soldiers when David told them that he would accept Goliath'schallenge?
3) What happened to the armyof the Philistines?
Theme6. «A Man of Habit» - Jerome K. Jerome
1) Why did the hero of thestory decide to leave the town of Jefferson?
2) Why did his days seem tohave neither beginning nor end?
3) In what way did hisdaughter help her father to understand everything?
Theme34.«A Painful Case» — J. Joyce
1) Explain the meaning of thestory's title.
2) Describe Mr. Duffy'sappearance and his way of life.
3) What was Mr. Duffy'sreaction when he came to know about Mary's death?
Билет № 27
Theme24. «Kaijek the Songman» — X. Herbert
1) What was Kaijek famous foramong black people?
2) Why did Kaijek the Songmandecide to approach the white man?
3) Why didn't Kaijek theSongman remain with Andy Grant?
Theme11. «The Capture of Cerberus»- A. Christie
1) Why did Hercule Poirotdecide that there were too many people in the world?
2) Do you agree with theCountess that the rich have a priority in Hell?
3) What evidence did HerculePoirot have against Alice?
Theme12. «The Ant and the Grasshopper» — W. S. Maugham
1) Describe Tom Ramsay's wayof life.
2) What can you say aboutGeorge Ramsay and his goals in life?
3) Do you think that the moralof Maugham's story coincides with or contradicts the famous fable by LaFontaine?
Theme26. «As You Like It» — W/ Shakespeare
1) How did Oliver treat hisyounger brother?
2) Who and why begins fightingin Orlando's orchard?
3) Who followed the old Dukeinto his exile?
Theme25. «Respectability» — Sh. Anderson
1) Why does the author compareWash Williams and a huge grotesque kind of monkey?
2) What were Wash's feelingstowards women and men?
3) Why did Wash'smother-in-law fail to settle the matter?
Theme7. «The Nemean Lion» - A. Christie
1) What did Dr. Burton meanwhen he told Hercule Poirot :«Yours are not the Labours of Hercules. Yoursare the labours of love»?
2) When and how did Poirotbegin to suspect the truth?
3) Who helped Poirot to findthe criminal?
Theme23. «The Singing of the Sun» — A. Marshall
1) What do you think made theman recall an episode of war?
2) Do you think Jim was a realfriend of the man in question when they were at the front?
3) Why did the man preferfrightening the duck off instead of telling the boy not to kill it?
Theme27. «As You Like It» — W/ Shakespeare
1) Who is Duke's heir andwhy?
2) How can one guess thatRosalind has fallen in love with Orlando?
3) How does Orlando see thesituation he is in?
Билет № 35
Theme10. «The Flock of Gerion»- A. Christie
1) Why did Amy Carnaby becomeanxious about her friend Emmeline?
2) What was the secret of Dr.Andersen's popularity?
3) Why did Poirot shake MissCarnaby by the hand and introduce her to Japp?