Лекция: Exercise 1.5
Put in to or for.
1. Julie went to the shopto buy some mineral water.
2. We went out … have a meal in a restaurant.
3. Kevin is going to university … study foreign languages.
4. My friend is going to Moscow … an interview tomorrow.
5. I’m going to Moscow … see my friends.
6. Have you got time … a cup of tea?
7. I got up late and didn’t have time … have breakfast.
8. My son got up late and didn’t have time … breakfast.
9. We all need love … feel happy.
10. The room is very small. There is space only … a sofa and a table.
Complete the sentences using the words in brackets.
1. Would you like me to go to the cinema with you? (I/go to the cinema with you)
2. I wanted …. (he/tell me the way to the station)
3. I’m not well. I’d like …. (you/call the doctor)
4. Is John free? Mum wants …. (he/help her)
5. The teacher expected …. (we/do the test well)
6. Is that Sue on the phone? I didn’t want …. (she/phone before 8 o’clock)
7. Do you have enough money or would you like …? (I/lend you some)
8. Do you feel all right or do you want …? (Father/take you home)
9. Are they already here? I expected …. (they/come much later)
10. Val’s parents didn’t want …. (he/get married)
11. Would you like …? (I/make you some coffee)
12. We didn’t expect …. (the weather/change so soon)
13. Our neighbours wouldn’t like …. (we/know the truth)
14. Is Kate coming home? I don’t want …. (she/stay outside in such cold weather)
Complete the sentences with one of these words.
1. Paul likes driving sports cars.
2. Kate is always in a hurry, but she keeps … all day long.
3. I began … a new novel yesterday.
4. I adore … cakes, but I dislike … meat.
5. Mary enjoyed … me and … all my news.
6. Do you prefer … tea or coffee in the morning?
7. Susan tries to avoid … to the city centre in the rush hour.
8. What time did you finish … your homework last night?
9. Doctors suggest … in the pool two or three times a week.
10. Do you mind … this window for a while?
11. Oh, I’m so tired, I feel like … a break now and … this stuffy office. .
12. Some children can’t stand … fresh vegetables.
13. We are considering … some new brands of clothes in our shop.